Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

D&C 67

The Lord provided some warnings to William E. McLellin and the elders of the Church, that I feel hold personal application to me -

"Seek not to be cumbered..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 66:10)

Which being encumbered relates to -

"...Forsake all unrighteousness..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 66:10)

Obviously, we are cumbered by unrighteousness not possessing the Spirit of the Lord, but other temporal things, lifestyles, and technology can encumber our efforts to magnify our callings.  And with this the Lord instructs -

"...I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a promise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you strip yourselves from jealousies and fears, and humble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil shall be rent and you shall see me and know that I am—not with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 67:10)

The promise is great if we strip ourselves of jealousies, fears, that which cumber, and forsake all forms of righteousness even to "see" God  and know that He is -

"For no man has seen God at any time in the flesh, except quickened by the Spirit of God.
12 Neither can any natural man abide the presence of God, neither after the carnal mind."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 67:11 - 12)

Therefore -

"Ye are not able to abide the presence of God now, neither the ministering of angels; wherefore, continue in patience until ye are perfected."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 67:13)

I sense the promise is that with patience and diligence I will "see" these things in His due time.