Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, December 07, 2012

D&C 11

As the Lord instructs Hyrum Smith, he teaches us an important doctrine -

"Behold, I speak unto all who have good desires...."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 11:27)

This suggest to me that much of the revelations, doctrines, and principles taught in the revelations apply to all for -

"...verily I say unto you, and what I say unto one I say unto all..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 61:36)

It is any wonder that Nephi wrote -

"...for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning."  (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 19:23)

It is in the revelations then that we learn, though spoken in ancient records, but for the first time in modern-day revelation -

"...I say unto you, that as many as receive me, to them will I give power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on my name..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 11:30)

"Become" the sons of God suggests receiving exaltation for the Savior declared -

"...Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters."  (Book of Mormon | Ether 3:14)

And joint-heirs with Him.