Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, November 19, 2012

D&C 6

It is in this revelation given to the Prophet Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery that we learn -

"...that thou mayest know that there is none else save God that knowest thy thoughts and the intents of thy heart."  (Doctrine and Covenants  Section 6:16)

God in this scenario surely would include the members of the Godhead...the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.  It was by the Holy Ghost that Alma knew the thoughts of Zeezrom. 

It is also in this revelation that I feel that much of the counsel given to Joseph and Oliver also apply to me as the Lord counsels -

"Therefore be diligent; stand by my servant Joseph, faithfully, in whatsoever difficult circumstances he may be for the word's sake.
19 Admonish him in his faults, and also receive admonition of him. Be patient; be sober; be temperate; have patience, faith, hope and charity."  (Doctrine and Covenants  Section 6:18 - 19)

Everyone in the Church has a file leader.  Therefore this should apply to everyone especially thosed called to be counselors.  The Lord continues in regards to His servants that He has called and qualified -

"...I have spoken unto thee because of thy desires; therefore treasure up these words in thy heart. Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love."  (Doctrine and Covenants  Section 6:20)

"...Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."  (Doctrine and Covenants  Section 6:33 - 36)

In was touched with the testimony of Jesus Christ -

"Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 6:21)

"Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven..."  (Doctrine and Covenants   Section 6:37)