Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, February 17, 2012

2 Nephi 14

Yesterday, I blogged on Isaiah's vision of the worldly women of the last days. But after the worldly and wicked women were purged, during the millenium he writes -

"In that day shall the branch of the Lord be beautiful and glorious; the fruit of the earth excellent and comely..." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 14:2)

"Comely in my mind suggests one that is pleasant to look upon. For -

"...they that are left in Zion and remain in Jerusalem shall be called holy..." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 14:3)

For -

"...the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 14:4)

Does that not sound like women that are modest and righteous? What a contrast.