Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, September 30, 2011

1 Timothy 2

Speaking of the Savior, Paul taught Timothy the doctrine -

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus..." (New Testament | 1 Timothy 2:5)

By definition, a mediator is -

"...one that mediates between parties at variance or one that brings accord out of by action..." Merriam-Webster

First, we know that our Father in Heaven is perfect and -

"...cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:31)

So in my mind, "to bring accord out of action" would be to atone or reconcile us to the Father (bringing us in line with our covenants) - something we could never do on our own. Therefore it is by His grace and mediation that we are saved for His is -

"Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." (New Testament | 1 Timothy 2:6)

In my mind, "to be testified in due time" would be -

"...that every tongue [will] confess that Jesus Christ..." (New Testament | Philippians 2:11)