Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Romans 1

As Paul wrote the Romans, he shared one of his most greatest desires -

"Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.
11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established..." (New Testament | Romans 1:10 - 11)

I sense Paul had s sincere desire to address, or speak and teach the saints in Rome such that they might be edified by the Spirit in such a manner that they would never forget. That it would be something they would always remember. Something were they would be edified to the ends of their lives.

There are times that I speak that I wish the same. I realize in most cases it may sustain the saints for a period. But wouldn't it be marvelous to teach something that an individual never forgets. This is why we do the things we do. Who knows its reaching affect.