Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Acts 20

If you would to provide some final counsel for some valiant priesthood leaders knowing that this is the last time you would ever be able to address them while also knowing -

"...that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them." (New Testament | Acts 20:29 - 30)

...What would you say? The counsel Paul gave seemed very wise and overall complete -

"Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." (New Testament | Acts 20:28)

"Therefore watch, and remember..." (New Testament | Acts 20:31)

...basically all you have seen and learned.

"...brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified." (New Testament | Acts 20:32)

And finally to -

"...so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive." (New Testament | Acts 20:35)

What profound counsel.