Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Luke 3

In my last two blogs, I noted that as Luke began his record, he specifically tells the reader that its contents came -

"...as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses..." (New Testament | Luke 1:2)

Luke's record seems to be different from some of the other gospel writers in that he included events that were delivered to him by eyewitnesses. We see another of the events with the baptism of the Savior. It is apparent that eyewitnesses either in writing or as they witnesses told him -

"...it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." (New Testament | Luke 3:21 - 22)

Whether Luke was there as an eyewitness or another of the disciples, I have no idea. But I do sense that there was one present there that saw the heavens open and saw the Holy Ghost descent upon the Savior. And then also heard and understood a voice from heaven. For those that believe the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost never did talk to this eyewitness as Luke must have.