Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Esther 4

The Lord sees fit at times to place individuals of influence in key positions to fulfill His purposes. Witness this in the life of Esther. Even though Esther was placed in the position of queen, the Lord did not necessarilyh lessen the challenge that Esther was to have to face while in this position. But Esther was faithful and the lives of many fellow Jews were saved because of her willingness to sacrifice all. It was at the point that many of the Jews were about to perish that Mordecai reminds her -

"Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king's house, more than all the Jews.
14 For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" (Old Testament | Esther 4:13 - 14)

We then learn what it takes to call upon the blessings of heaven as Esther responds -

"Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise..." (Old Testament | Esther 4:16)

Even though this demonstrated the great faith of Esther, she also recognized the will of the Lord -

"...and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish." (Old Testament | Esther 4:16)

Was not this a "similitude" of the sacrifice of Savior in saving the lives of all that come unto him. Esther will always serve as a model of one that was willing to give her own live for her fellow men.