Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Judges 21

The period of the Book of Judges, reflects what can happen to a group of people where -

"...there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.
11 ΒΆ And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim:
12 And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger." (Old Testament | Judges 2:10 - 12)

Though it is apparent that the Lord still loved these people as he strived to raise up righteous judges and miracles, still it seemed to have little affect in the long run. I think the final book in the Book of Judges tells it all - it even reminds me of our society today -

"In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes." (Old Testament | Judges 21:25)

In other words, they did what they (natural man) wanted to do and not as the Lord would have them do.