Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Moses 7

Enoch tells us that -

"...it came to pass that I turned and went up on the mount; and as I stood upon the mount, I beheld the heavens open, and I was clothed upon with glory..." (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 7:3)

Nephi records that -

"...I was caught away in the Spirit of the Lord, yea, into an exceedingly high mountain, which I never had before seen, and upon which I never had before set my foot." (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 11:1)

In the days of Moses , we know that -

"...the LORD came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount: and the LORD called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up." (Old Testament | Exodus 19:20)

And in the days of the Savior -

"...Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them." (New Testament | Mark 9:2)

We don't know all that took place there for we are told of -

"...the pattern which was shown unto mine apostles upon the mount; of which account the fulness ye have not yet received." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 63:21)

It seems throughout scripture that there has been many instances where prophets have gone to the "mountain of the Lord" to receive knowledge and glory. It seems the Lord has used the mountain as His temple when there has been know temple constructed. The mountain of the Lord seems to be synonymous to the Lord's house. In modern day we read that -

"...the sons of Moses and of Aaron shall be filled with the glory of the Lord, upon Mount Zion in the Lord's house..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 84:32)

Though little is mentioned what took place on the mounts, I have a personal belief that it was there that these great men such as Enoch when he mentions -

"...I turned and went up on the mount; and as I stood upon the mount, I beheld the heavens open, and I was clothed upon with glory..." (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 7:3)

...that I believed he received the great endowments of the Lord.