Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Moses 1

As Moses was confronted with the temptations of the world, he said to Satan -

"...I will not cease to call upon God, I have other things to inquire of him: for his glory has been upon me, wherefore I can judge between him and thee..."  (Pearl of Great Price Moses 1:18)

What a profound statement - " I will not cease to call upon God...".

Paul pleaded to the saints in Corinth -

"Pray without ceasing."  (New Testament 1 Thessalonians 5:17)

Alma taught that he was -

"...commanded of God to pray without ceasing,"  (Book of Mormon Mosiah 26:39)

Constant prayer has been commanded from the beginning.

If I was to layout what I thought was the two most important keys that has and continues to change my life is regular prayer and reading and learning God's will through the scriptures.  If one will hold fast to "calling upon God" and inquiring of him, I'm convinced He will lead you in the way you should go.