Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, December 18, 2009

D&C 84

Even though the Bishop is the president of the Aaronic priesthood and -

"The bishopric is the presidency of this priesthood, and holds the keys or authority of the same."   (Doctrine and Covenants Section 107:15)

The Lord made it clear -

"...the offices of elder and bishop are necessary appendages belonging unto the high priesthood."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:29)

in comparison to -

"...the offices of teacher and deacon are necessary appendages belonging to the lesser priesthood, which priesthood was confirmed upon Aaron and his sons."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:30)

Therefore bishops as well as those that are -

"...faithful unto the obtaining these two priesthoods of which I have spoken, and the magnifying their calling..."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:33)

"...become the sons of Moses and of Aaron..."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:34)

We are promised in the last days that at some time, again -

"...the sons of Moses and also the sons of Aaron shall offer an acceptable offering and sacrifice in the house of the Lord..."  (Doctrine and Covenants
Section 84:31)