Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 21, 2009

D&C 84

As I was thinking about our youth in the stake, I read the words -

"...shall the children of the kingdom pollute my holy land? Verily, I say unto you, Nay."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:59)

Herein the Lord teaches us the difference between those who pollute His kingdom and who doesn't. Or in other words -

"...by this you may know the righteous from the wicked..."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:53)

Of those who do not pollute His kingdom He says -

"...the Spirit giveth light to every man that cometh into the world; and the Spirit enlighteneth every man through the world, that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit.
47 And every one that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit cometh unto God, even the Father.  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:46 - 47)

Of those who hearken to His voice he says -

"And the Father teacheth him of the covenant which he has renewed and confirmed upon you, which is confirmed upon you for your sakes..."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:48)

But of those who pollute His kingdom He said -

"...the whole world lieth in sin, and groaneth under darkness and under the bondage of sin.
50 And by this you may know they are under the bondage of sin, because they come not unto me.
51 For whoso cometh not unto me is under the bondage of sin.
52 And whoso receiveth not my voice is not acquainted with my voice, and is not of me."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:49 - 52)

"...your minds in times past have been darkened because of unbelief, and because you have treated lightly the things you have received—"  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:54)

What seems to be a concluding remark, the Lord said -

"...verily, I say unto you who now hear my words, which are my voice, blessed are ye inasmuch as you receive these things;
61 For I will forgive you of your sins with this commandment—that you remain steadfast in your minds in solemnity and the spirit of prayer, in bearing testimony..."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:60 - 61)