Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, January 29, 2010

Abraham 4

Abraham gives us a little different insight with the creation as he writes -
"...the Gods took counsel among themselves and said: Let us go down and form man in our image, after our likeness; and we will give them dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 4:26)

And then he writes -

"So the Gods went down to organize man in their own image, in the image of the Gods to form they him, male and female to form they them." (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 4:27)

What seemed to strike me here is not necessarily that the Gods, meaning plural, but whom those Gods may be. Using a little bit of logic, if the Gods formed male and female after their own image, would that not suggest that at lease one of the Gods was female. Just a thought. Elder Bruce R. McConkie referenced in his writings -

"...Those women who go on to their exaltation, ruling and reigning with husbands who are kings and priests, will themselves be queens and priestesses. They will hold positions of power, authority, and preferment in eternity." (Gospel Kingdom, pp. 221-222, 229.)