Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, October 17, 2008

D&C 15

In revelation to both John and Peter (Jr.) Whitmer, the Lord said -

"...behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 15:6)

This instruction was given even before the Church was organized. Their were but few that had a testimony of the restoration of Christ's Church that was in process. And with all the life's decisions that were at that time before these brethren, the Lord told them what would be of most worth to them. That same revelation stands today for all young men in the Church.

As I look back, the greatest and smartest decision that I have made in my life was exactly that - what the Lord said would be of greatest worth, to declare repentance unto this people which in my case, was the decision to serve a mission. I know that I would not have married my beloved wife, or accomplished many of the temporal and spiritual challenges I have been faced with had I not served a mission. My mission gave me the foundation that has allowed me to continue in declaring "repentance unto this people". I testify these words of the Savior are true.