Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, June 13, 2008

D&C 63

It seems everyone wants a sign or evidence of the eternal nature of things of which the Lord said -

"...I say unto you, there are those among you who seek signs, and there have been such even from the beginning..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 63:8)

The Lord explained that -

"...faith cometh not by signs, but signs follow those that believe." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 63:9)

The wicked need to be warned -

"...he that seeketh signs shall see signs, but not unto salvation." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 63:7)

"...verily I say, let the wicked take heed, and let the rebellious fear and tremble; and let the unbelieving hold their lips, for the day of wrath shall come upon them as a whirlwind, and all flesh shall know that I am God." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 63:6)

He explained -

"...with whom God is angry he is not well pleased; wherefore, unto such he showeth no signs, only in wrath unto their condemnation." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 63:11)

The then taught the same great truth He taught to Paul -

"...signs come by faith, unto mighty works, for without faith no man pleaseth God..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 63:11)

If we can only please God, we should be grateful for the privilege to exhibit faith before Him.