Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, June 12, 2008

D&C 62

To the saints in Missouri, the Lord said -

"...hearken, O ye elders of my church, saith the Lord your God, even Jesus Christ, your advocate, who knoweth the weakness of man and how to succor them who are tempted." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 62:1)

What a comforting message, that not only is the Savior our advocate, but also knows how to come to our aid in temptation. Not only how, but that He will. He said -

"...what I say unto one I say unto all, be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 61:36)

What he asks is -

"Pray always that you enter not into temptation..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 61:39)

As we do, he promises that -

"...inasmuch as you have humbled yourselves before me, the blessings of the kingdom are yours." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 61:37)

I know this to be true. He has rescued me in my temptations and witness to my soul the forgiveness and remission of sins. As I bear testimony of the atonement of Jesus Christ, I think of the promise he has given to all penitent saints who bear testimony -

"...ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 62:3)