Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, June 02, 2008

D&C 45

As we have been given -

"...a commandment that then ye shall teach them unto all men; for they shall be taught unto all nations, kindreds, tongues and people." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 42:58)

There is also the burden for man to search out the truth for -

"...I have sent mine everlasting covenant into the world, to be a light to the world, and to be a standard for my people, and for the Gentiles to seek to it..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 45:9)

I think that is part of the Plan - to seek out light and truth in faith. But we are not left to do this totally on our own. The Lord said -

"Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—" (Doctrine and Covenants Section 45:3)

Even though we fail at times, through God's mercy, we can repent as the Savior said-

"Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;
5 Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 45:4 - 5)

Does this not sound like the Savior is our advocate? He declares to us -

"Hearken, O ye people of my church, and ye elders listen together, and hear my voice while it is called today, and harden not your hearts;
7 For verily I say unto you that I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the light and the life of the world—a light that shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
8 I came unto mine own, and mine own received me not; but unto as many as received me gave I power to do many miracles, and to become the sons of God; and even unto them that believed on my name gave I power to obtain eternal life." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 45:6 - 8)

He not only is our Advocate and Redeemer, he is also our friend and counselor saying -

"Wherefore, come ye unto it, and with him that cometh I will reason as with men in days of old, and I will show unto you my strong reasoning." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 45:10)