Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Moroni 9 - 10

If you were to record you last words to your posterity and future generations, what would you write? Understanding he was about to hide up his records, Moroni writes that he feels -

"...like as one crying from the dead, yea, even as one speaking out of the dust?" (Book of Mormon Moroni 10:27)

And with the testimony that-

"...God shall show unto you, that that which I have written is true." (Book of Mormon Moroni 10:29)

And again, like one crying from the dead -

"I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true..." (Book of Mormon Moroni 10:3 - 4)

Then Moroni delivers a profound promise with some essential conditions -

"...if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." (Book of Mormon Moroni 10:4)

For he has learned -

"...by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things." (Book of Mormon Moroni 10:5)

But this promise is again is conditional upon a sincere heart and real intent, and faith in Jesus Christ -

"Wherefore, there must be faith; and if there must be faith there must also be hope; and if there must be hope there must also be charity." (Book of Mormon Moroni 10:20)

I personally have found these things to be true. By the power of the Holy Ghost, I have come to know that the Book of Mormon is non-fiction and true! And because it is true, I have -

"...come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah." (Book of Mormon Preface Introduction:9)

I share Moroni's last words, the last words in this sacred record -

"...come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.
34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen." (Book of Mormon Moroni 10:32 - 34)