Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, May 26, 2005

D&C 124 - 125

As the saints are settling into Nauvoo, the Lord tells them again -

"... I command you, all ye my saints, to build a house unto me..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:31) "...which my people are always commanded to build unto my holy name."
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:39)

How?
"...send ye swift messengers, yea, chosen messengers, and say unto them: Come ye, with all your gold, and your silver, and your precious stones, and with all your antiquities; and with all who have knowledge of antiquities, that will come, may come, and bring the box–tree, and the fir–tree, and the pine–tree, together with all the precious trees of the earth;
27 And with iron, with copper, and with brass, and with zinc, and with all your precious things of the earth; and build a house to my name..."(Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:26 - 27)

Why?

1. "...for the Most High to dwell therein...(Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:27)

2. "...For there is not a place found on earth that he may come to and restore again that which was lost unto you, or which he hath taken away, even the fulness of the priesthood..."(Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:28)

3. "...For a baptismal font there is not upon the earth, that they, my saints, may be baptized for those who are dead—" (Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:29)

4. "...that your anointings, and your washings...and your solemn assemblies, and your memorials for your sacrifices by the sons of Levi, and for your oracles in your most holy places wherein you receive conversations, and your statutes and judgments, for the beginning of the revelations and foundation of Zion, and for the glory, honor, and endowment of all her municipals (Wards & Stakes)..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:39)

5. "...that I may reveal mine ordinances therein unto my people..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:40)

6. "that you may prove yourselves unto me that ye are faithful in all things whatsoever I command you, that I may bless you, and crown you with honor, immortality, and eternal life..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:55)

In great love, the Lord tells us -

"...For I deign to reveal unto my church things which have been kept hid from before the foundation of the world, things that pertain to the dispensation of the fulness of times." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:41)

And he tells the saints where and in manner it is to be built.

"...I will show unto my servant Joseph all things pertaining to this house, and the priesthood thereof, and the place whereon it shall be built.
43 And ye shall build it on the place where you have contemplated building it, for that is the spot which I have chosen for you to build it." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:42 - 43)

And as with all his commandments the promises and conditions of obedience -

"...If ye labor with all your might, I will consecrate that spot that it shall be made holy.
45 And if my people will hearken unto my voice, and unto the voice of my aservants whom I have appointed to lead my people, behold, verily I say unto you, they shall not be moved out of their place..."(Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:44 - 45)

As well as the consequence of disobedience -

"...But if they will not hearken to my voice, nor unto the voice of these men whom I have appointed, they shall not be blest, because they pollute mine holy grounds, and mine holy ordinances, and charters, and my holy words which I give unto them.
47 And it shall come to pass that if you build a house unto my name, and do not do the things that I say, I will not perform the oath which I make unto you, neither fulfil the promises which ye expect at my hands, saith the Lord.
48 For instead of blessings, ye, by your own works, bring cursings, wrath, indignation, and judgments upon your own heads, by your follies, and by all your abominations, which you practise before me..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 124:46 - 48)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home