Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Matthew 26

In the last week of the Savior's ministry, we read - 


"Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,
7 There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat."  (Matthew 26:6–7)

After some dispute amongst His disciples, the Savior declares - 

"...she hath wrought a good work upon me."  (Matthew 26:10)

And - 

"Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her."  (Matthew 26:13)

I couldn't find the woman's name.  The scripture only mentions a woman.  Talmage suggests it is Mary, sister to Martha.  It just seems to me that this woman understood what was about to happen to the Savior.