Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, May 01, 2023

Luke 12

 We often hear the Savior's words- 

"...take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:

12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say."  (Luke 12:11–12)

But seldom hear the precursor - 

"...when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers..."  (Luke 12:11)

Which suggests to me that this is immediate with no time for preparation.  When time restrictions are not limited, I believe the Lord wants us to ponder and pray in preparation and the Holy Ghost will inspire through that period.  

In my mind it doesn't mean that you should not prepare and just depend on inspiration.