Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, April 14, 2023

Mark 8

When the Savior and His apostles went to Bethsaida - 

"...they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.

23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.

24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly."  (Mark 8:22–25)

This is one example of one being healed in degrees.  We know that the Savior has mentioned many times in scripture concerning faith to be healed.  The degree of faith a person has obviously can grow in degrees.  I wonder if this story reflects faith growing in degrees.

Sometimes I have thought that one priesthood blessing is sufficient.  Maybe not so as described above.