Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, January 12, 2023

John 2

 As the Savior cleared the merchants in the temple, He said responded to questions of who did he think he was - 

"...Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."  (John 2:19)

His disciples did not understand this and probably many others.  But in my mind, there were Pharisees that did for after His crucifixion, they said to Pilate

"Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,
63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.
64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first."  (Matthew 27:62–64)

Obviously, these individuals knew exactly what he meant.