Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Jeremiah 20

Jeremiah was one of those prophets that continually suffered in his calling.  After much persecution and being put in stocks, Jeremiah writes -

"...I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.
8 For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the Lord was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.
9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name..."  (Jeremiah 20:7–9)

Even adding -

"Cursed be the day wherein I was born: let not the day wherein my mother bare me be blessed."  (Jeremiah 20:14)

Even though Jeremiah at times was very discouraged, he confesses -

"...But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay."  (Jeremiah 20:9)

The Spirit can be overpowering.