Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Jeremiah 5

As Jeremiah reviews the wickedness generally found in Judah, including idol worshipping and immorality for the Lord asks -

"How shall I pardon thee for this? thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by them that are no gods: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots’ houses."  (Jeremiah 5:7)

Even such that -

"They were as fed horses in the morning: every one neighed after his neighbour’s wife."  (Jeremiah 5:8)

I can't help but note that Jeremiah and Lehi were contemporary.   Of Laman and Lemuel, Nephi said -

"...they were like unto the Jews who were at Jerusalem..."  (1 Nephi 2:13)

Where -

"The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?"  (Jeremiah 5:31)

Thus, just lkie those in wicked Judea -

"...we know that the people who were in the land of Jerusalem were a righteous people; for they kept the statutes and judgments of the Lord, and all his commandments, according to the law of Moses; wherefore, we know that they are a righteous people..." (1 Nephi 17:22)

Obviously, very few hearkened to Jeremiah.