Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Jeremiah 7

Jeremiah exclaimed at the temple gates -

"Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord, are these.
5 For if ye throughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour;
6 If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:
7 Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever."  (Jeremiah 7:4–7)

I believe those that suggest that they have been married in the temple and all is well should read the words of Jeremiah.  It reminds me -

"...Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams."  (1 Samuel 15:22)

Temple ordinances and covenants have conditions.