Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Jeremiah 14

When Jeremiah questions the Lord why the wicked prosper and the righteous sometimes are dealt with treacherously, the Lord answers -

"If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?"  (Jeremiah 12:5)

Which suggest to me that with our own limited experience we do not see the entire picture.

The Lord even suggests of the wicked - 

"What wilt thou say when he shall punish thee?"  (Jeremiah 13:21)

Obviously, the wicked excuses will blame others  to which the Lord says beforehand - 

"The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.
15 Therefore thus saith the Lord concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed."  (Jeremiah 14:14–15)


We see these false prophets in government, education, and celebrities.