Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Isaiah 63

In His second coming, the Savior will be asked -

"Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?"  (Isaiah 63:2)

His answer will be -

"I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.
4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart..."  (Isaiah 63:3–4)

I believe vengeance meaning justice.  I also note that this justice will -

"...will bring down their strength to the earth."  (Isaiah 63:6)

which says to me that all nations of the earth will be humbled or confess that He is Christ.