Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

1 Samuel 24

When David had the opportunity to slay Saul in a cave, he said to his brethren -

"...The Lord forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the Lord’s anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the Lord."  (1 Samuel 24:6)

Obviously, even though his personal life was in jeopardy, David still recognized the meaning of honoring the "Lord's anointed".

Of being "anointed", David J. Ridges wrote -

"Anointing is often used in the work of the Lord to prepare His people future blessings. Even as elders administer to the sick, consecrated oil is used to prepare the person for the blessings that may be pronounced a few moments later in the sealing of the anointing. In summary, anointing is often a preliminary ordinance to later blessings."  Ridges, David J.. The Old Testament Made Easier - Part 2 (Kindle Locations 8664-8667).