Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, January 08, 2018

D&C 89

As the Lord introduced the "Word of Wisdom", He said -

"...showing forth the order and will of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days—"  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 89:2)

Though we know that all things are spiritual, the Lord specifically states that this "Word" was His will concerning our temporal matters.  It continues to provide more reasons, but it struck me this morning that it would effect families temporally.  Recently, another state in the Union legalized marijuana.  I can't help but think what impact this so called liberty will have temporally on families in that state.  We will have to wait to see the impact but in my mind, obviously contrary to the will of God.