Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

D&C 84

After teaching and providing warnings related to receiving the doctrine of the oath and covenant which belongeth to the priesthood, the Spirit of Christ, reading the Book of Mormon and modern scripture, and keeping His commandments, the Lord then follows -

"That they may bring forth fruit meet for their Father’s kingdom; otherwise there remaineth a scourge and judgment to be poured out upon the children of Zion.
59 For shall the children of the kingdom pollute my holy land? Verily, I say unto you, Nay."  (Doctrine and Covenants 84:58–59)

These are some of the conditions to live as or in Zion.  Is it any wonder that the saints were unable to remain in Zion at that time?