Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

D&C 88

The Lord revealed the purpose of the Holy Ghost saying that -

"This Comforter is the promise which I give unto you of eternal life, even the glory of the celestial kingdom..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 88:4)

It is the Holy Ghost that ministers justification and sanctification for -

"...verily I say unto you, that which is governed by law is also preserved by law and perfected and sanctified by the same.
35 That which breaketh a law, and abideth not by law, but seeketh to become a law unto itself, and willeth to abide in sin, and altogether abideth in sin, cannot be sanctified by law, neither by mercy, justice, nor judgment. Therefore, they must remain filthy still."  (Doctrine and Covenants 88:34–35)

For -

"All beings who abide not in those conditions are not justified."  (Doctrine and Covenants 88:39)