Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

D&C 86

I'm returning to my blog after almost two weeks of chest cold or flue.

I have probably mentioned this before, but there are many members that wonder why the Prophet Joseph Smith was required to introduce what some consider modern-day doctrines such as polygamy, united order, etc.  They feel that things would be much better had he not.

But I believe the answer to any and all of these concerns is given in the following -

"Therefore your life and the priesthood have remained, and must needs remain through you and your lineage until the restoration of all things spoken by the mouths of all the holy prophets since the world began."  (Doctrine and Covenants 86:10)

Much like Peter said at the temple, that all things of previous dispensations would be restored in this the dispensation of the fullness of times.  The Lord said it would be so and so it was.