Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

D&C 26

As the Prophet Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery are instructed in their duties, the Savior instructs them -

"...thou shalt take no purse nor scrip, neither staves, neither two coats, for the church shall give unto thee in the very hour what thou needest for food and for raiment, and for shoes and for money, and for scrip."  (Doctrine and Covenants 24:18)

Obviously, in their day, traveling amongst the saints took a great deal more time than today. I noted that the Lord is teaching the saints that it was the obligation of the Church, which means to me the saints or fellow members, to feed, cloth, and provide adequate funds for them to continue to carry out their duties.