Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, August 14, 2017

D&C 22

To those early saints that assumed that was not necessary to be baptized after being baptized in other faiths, the Lord said -

"...I say unto you that all old covenants have I caused to be done away in this thing; and this is a new and an everlasting covenant..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 22:1)

For -

"...you cannot enter in at the strait gate by the law of Moses, neither by your dead works."  (Doctrine and Covenants 22:2)

"Dead" suggests meaningless, of no worth because it is of no avail. "Dead" works then include ordinances that maybe done with real intent are not valid.