Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

D&C 20

As the Lord introduces the plan of salvation, He states -

"By these things we know that there is a God in heaven, who is infinite and eternal, from everlasting to everlasting the same unchangeable God..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 20:17)

He then instructs that He -

"...gave unto them commandments that they should love and serve him, the only living and true God, and that he should be the only being whom they should worship."  (Doctrine and Covenants 20:19)

In my mind, there may be some confusion here.  Some suggest that this means we only worship God the Father (Elohim), but in my mind the answer is in -

"Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 20:28)

I believe we worship all or in other words revere, respect, honor, etc.