Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, August 10, 2017

D&C 20

This morning I noticed two distinct instructions to the early saints.  First concerning baptism -

"The person who is called of God and has authority from Jesus Christ to baptize, shall go down into the water with the person who has presented himself or herself for baptism..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 20:73)

Not only is the person baptized to fully immersed in water but the person authorized shall also go down into the water.

The second is in regards to the administration of the sacrament -

"...the elder or priest shall administer it; and after this manner shall he administer it—he shall kneel with the church..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 20:76)

Those words suggest to me that the recipient saints were also to kneed.  I would suspect that this was the case in the early days of the Church but as of late, that was changed by revelation.