Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, July 21, 2017

D&C 11

In a previous revelation, the Lord teaches Oliver Cowdery -

"Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.
3 Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 8:2–3)


Now with Hyrum Smith, he teaches the same doctrine on revelation but with differing words -

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 11:13)

Again it describes the mind and heart.  Joy and peace are examples of the heart.