Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, July 14, 2017

D&C 6

The Lord said to Oliver Cowdery -

"Behold thou hast a gift, and blessed art thou because of thy gift..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 6:10)

There is much speculation concerning the nature of this gift.  Much of the remaining revelation suggests that is it the gift of revelation.  Some have assumed it to be the gift of Aaron mentioned in following revelations.

But what thought came to me this morning was the gift to be a witness of the Book of Mormon which gift would include seeing and feeling the gold plates as well as some other items and hearing the voice of an angel testifying of its truthfulness.