Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

D&C 3

As Moroni provides the Prophet Joseph Smith the Urim and Thummim to receive a revelation, after being chastised for the loss of 116 translated pages, the Lord said -

"But remember, God is merciful; therefore, repent of that which thou hast done which is contrary to the commandment which I gave you, and thou art still chosen, and art again called to the work..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 3:10)

Though this revelation was given in July, it is my understanding that Moroni did not return the plates and other things until September 22nd.  I can just imagine what Joseph Smith experienced during that period.  May be a good pattern as we raise our children.