Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, October 17, 2016

D&C 27

This morning, I should admit that these are my thoughts this morning and not necessarily verified doctrine.  I read the words of the Savior this morning concerning a meeting where he will partake of the sacrament with many prophets that he particularly mentions.  First, after mentioning Moroni, He states -

"And also with Elias, to whom I have committed the keys of bringing to pass the restoration of all things spoken by the mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began, concerning the last days..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 27:6)

He then proceeds to mention other great prophets that I noticed held and in some cases restored priesthood authority and keys. 

What caught my attention was that He begins with "Elias", one He suggests held all committed keys and would restore them all.  After which He specifically mentions several that did.

In my mind then, "Elias" must be a group name for all those that held and restored keys.  In other words, by saying Elias, would refer to all those that would restore and commit keys.