Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

D&C 24

By revelation, the Lord two ways we are blessed or cursed.  The first being in regards to the saints -

"Magnify thine office; and after thou hast sowed thy fields and secured them, go speedily unto the church which is in Colesville, Fayette, and Manchester, and they shall support thee; and I will bless them both spiritually and temporally;
4 But if they receive thee not, I will send upon them a cursing instead of a blessing."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 24:3 - 4)

Obviously, we are blessed as we sustain and support Church leaders and servants.  The second being -

"...thou shalt continue in calling upon God in my name, and writing the things which shall be given thee by the Comforter, and expounding all scriptures unto the church.
6 And it shall be given thee in the very moment what thou shalt speak and write, and they shall hear it, or I will send unto them a cursing instead of a blessing."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 24:5 - 6)

Thus we are blessed as we sustain, support, and hearken to the words of the prophet.  If not, we are cursed or in my mind, we will not receive the blessings and gifts of the gospel.