Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Helaman 6

Mormon provides a historical comment that should bring great peace to the faithful of our day as he records -

"...behold, there were many of the Nephites who had become hardened and impenitent and grossly wicked, insomuch that they did reject the word of God and all the preaching and prophesying which did come among them.
3 Nevertheless, the people of the church did have great joy because of the conversion of the Lamanites, yea, because of the church of God, which had been established among them.  And they did fellowship one with another, and did rejoice one with another, and did have great joy."  (Book of Mormon | Helaman 6:2 - 3)

Even though there is much wickedness in the world, the work of salvation continues and great joy is still being experienced as many repent and come unto Christ.