Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Alma 9

As I read the warning of Alma to the people of Ammonihah, I couldn't help but compare it to our day.  I have taken the liberty to add couple words  in brackets for our day -

"...after having been delivered of God out of the land of Jerusalem [England}, by the hand of the Lord; having been saved from famine, and from sickness, and all manner of diseases of every kind; and they having waxed strong in battle, that they might not be destroyed; having been brought out of bondage time after time, and having been kept and preserved until now; and they have been prospered until they are rich in all manner of things—
23 And now behold I say unto you, that if this people, who have received so many blessings from the hand of the Lord, should transgress contrary to the light and knowledge which they do have, I say unto you that if this be the case, that if they should fall into transgression, it would be far more tolerable for the Lamanites [enemies]than for them."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 9:22 - 23)

There is no question that this nation has been delivered from our enemies and we have prospered greatly.  This warning is as much applicable to us as it was for the people of Ammonihah.