Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

JC - Chapter 35

As Elder Talmage describes the actions at Golgotha, I was touched by the prayer of the Savior -

"...Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."  (New Testament | Luke 23:34)

We know the Savior instructed -

"...I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 64:10)

And in this particular case, the Savior did not say..."I forgive you".  What he did is prayed that the Father would forgive.

I've thought about this for a while and have come to the conclusion, that allowing this event to happen must have been very hard on the Father.  We know the Father is perfect being omnipotent.  Yet the Savior, not thinking of himself, but of the Father, pled that the Father would forgive these individuals and not punish or destroy them.

This was just my thoughts...