Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, May 28, 2015

2 Timothy 4

I just want to make a little follow up to yesterday's blog on the prophecy of Paul in the latter days for he continued to instruct Timothy -

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."  (New Testament | 2 Timothy 4:2)

Why?  -

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."  (New Testament | 2 Timothy 4:3 - 4)

In my mind, another prophecy concerning our days that we witness being fulfilled.

It seems much of the instruction and counsel Paul gave to Titus was much the same that was given to Timothy.  In think one important doctrine that much of Christendom misses is Paul testimony that -

"...according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began..."  (New Testament | Titus 1:1 - 2)

For God to promise the elect before the world began, would suggest that spirits of the elect lived with God in a pre-mortal existence