Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, February 23, 2015

Acts 23

After Paul had testified to the Jewish leaders of his vision on the road to Damascus, the night after while in the Roman castle -

"...the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome."  (New Testament | Acts 23:11)

Paul had previously mentioned that he felt that he should at some time,  go to Rome (Acts 19:25), but this time the Savior specifically instructed Paul that He must bear witness in Rome.

I have no explanation why...maybe because at that time, it was the greatest worldly kingdom on earth.  Someday I hope to understand why it was so important that Paul testify in Rome.