Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Luke 9

Even though I have probably blogged on this previously, herein is a great truth as the Savior taught -

"...If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it."  (New Testament | Luke 9:23 - 24)

Obviously, the Savior is suggesting that how we live our lives hear on earth will determine the lives we may have in the eternities.  We can have great wealth and pleasure now or we can have it forever.  Thus the Savior reasoned -

"For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels."  (New Testament | Luke 9:25 - 26)

We can have a temporal attititude, or with faith have an eternal perspective.  Even though I do not always follow this counsel, I still choose to save my life (and my family).